The graduate assistant-public relations position is open to full-time on-campus graduate students in English, journalism, or a related field. It is a 20-hour-per-week graduate assistantship.
Enrolled in a master’s degree program in a relevant field. Good writer, good work ethic, good organizational and communication skills.
Writing, editing, photography, proofreading:
- Write, edit, and proofread material for college and department communications, including press releases, E-News, magazine, newsletters, web site, others.
- Assist in production of publications, E-News, newsletters, including working with graphic designers, printers, photographers, IT personnel, and others as needed.
Event planning and management assistance:
- Assist with event planning and oversight, including:
- Drafting invitations, programs, letters, etc., and assist in their production
- Assisting with mailings and phone calls
- Set-up and logistical support for events
- Assist with communications (phone, email, letter) to annual fund donors
- Updating donor information in the database
- Drafting simple proposals
Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Mary C. Dillon
Coordinator, Marketing and Communications
WVU College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
Mailing address: Mary Dillon, WVU, P.O. Box 6070, Morgantown, WV 26506