Job Title: Public Relations Intern
Department: Corporate Communications
Location: Columbia, MD
Reports To: Manager, Corporate Communications – Tony Martin
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The successful candidate will assist the corporate communications manager in many areas within the communications department. The public relations intern will assist in a national campaign as well as help plan international public relations outreach. The intern will prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with media monitoring, pitching to the media, billing, and writing press releases.
• Assist in US/international public relations campaigns.
• Work closely with marketing and public relations teams to understand process and function.
• Work closely with other departments within the Martek commercial group to gain a better understanding different job roles/projects.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
1. Strong written and verbal communications skills
2. Excellent organization skills computer proficiency in Microsoft Office family of software
3. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and flexibility to adjust workload to meet varying schedules.
4. Ability to be self-directed and complete assigned responsibilities with guided supervision.
Dates for the internship run mid-May through mid-August. This is a paid position ($12-14/hour.)
To apply, please send me resume to Anthony.Martin@dsm.com.