The National Business Aviation Association is a professional organization that is dedicated to helping aviation business professionals. Each year they have a scholarship program for students interested in a career in journalism.
The David W. Ewald Journalism Scholarship was established in honor of David W. Ewald, who was a magazine publisher in the business aviation industry. This scholarship award is open to all students who are either enrolled or accepted at college or university program in journalism or a related field. Preference will be given to applicants who are interested in aviation journalism. This scholarship award is worth $1,000.
The application for this scholarship can be found online and includes:
- An essay of 500-1,000 words that discusses the applicant’s goals (as related to journalism)
- A college acceptance letter (If not enrolled in college yet)
- A college transcript (if enrolled in college)
- A current one-page resume
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, supervisor, or someone knowledgeable about your work/interests
Completed applications should be sent to:
David W. Ewald Journalism Scholarship
Attn: Jay Evans
National Business Aviation Association
1200 18th Street NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
The deadline for this scholarship is July 29, 2011!
Any questions can be sent to the scholarship committee by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org