The Kansas City Business Journal is looking for a true multimedia journalist to help us give our audience the information they need in whichever format they want. This position will help produce our morning news email and bolster our online coverage through reporting, shooting video and taking photos.
• Procure and write our Morning Edition email product at least three days a week.
• Work with the associate editor to provide beat and general-assignment coverage for our website.
• Work with reporters to complement beat coverage with sidebars, video, photos, graphics, etc.
• Ability to report and produce news stories and features, whether in text, video or graphic form.
• Experience with content management systems.
• Ability to shoot and edit video in a timely fashion.
• Outsized intellectual curiosity.
• Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
1-2 years of journalism experience, with preference given to digital natives. Knowledge of business is a plus.