Paid Internship for Mountainlair Programs and Special Events
(Mountaineer Idol/Mountaineer Week)
• Help plan, promote, and advertise Mountaineer Idol.
• Create weekly flyers, posters, advertisements, script, filming of contestants, and judging requirements for Mountaineer Idol.
• Serve as the Liaison with Programming Unit and Mountaineer Idol Contestants.
• Work each Mountaineer Idol Elimination Round .
• Responsible for the Mountaineer Week website (including the Mountaineer Idol section).
• Film Mountaineer Idol competitions.
• Update all social media outlets and creatively think of ways to promote our social media websites.
• Assist with planning, working, and helping the Mountaineer Week Committee.
• Help to identify an unpaid Intern to assist with the responsibilities of this position.
• Assist with other programs for the Mountainlair Programming & Special Events Unit.
• Incumbent must be willing to respond to supervisor upon request during the evenings/weekend hours only when necessary.
• Must be a major in Advertising, PR, Marketing, or Graphic Design or have equivalent experience.
• Have experience in advertising or promotions, specifically in inexpensive yet creative environment.
• Have experience using a digital camcorder and editing software.
• Must be creative and organized.
• Website experience preferred.
• Graphic Design experience preferred.
• Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Publisher experience required.
• The position can work no more than 20 hours per week but volunteer work may be required.
• This position may only be available for the Fall Semester.
• Applicants must possess excellent oral, written, communication, and organizational skills.
• Applicants must have a demonstrated ability to plan effectively and efficiently, meet deadlines, and simultaneously monitor the development of many projects.
• Applicants must have experience in working with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff.
• Applicants must have video recording and editing experience.
Please send via mail or email the following:
(1) cover letter;
(3) names and contact information of three references;
(4) press release written by applicant;
(5) flyer developed by applicant; and
(6) optional video package produced by applicant.
Submit by deadline to:
Sonja L. Wilson
Senior Programming Administrator
West Virginia University
Mountainlair Student Union
P.O. Box 6437
Morgantown, WV 26506
Deadline for Applications: March 14, 2014