West Virginia University
Paid Internship for Mountainlair Programs and Special Events
(WVUp All Night and Mountaineer Week)
• Help plan, promote, and advertise WVUp All Night & Mountaineer Week (and other events upon request).
• Create weekly flyers, posters, and advertisements for WVUp All Night and Mountaineer Week.
• Update all social media outlets and creatively think of ways to promote our social media websites.
• Must be willing to lead a weekly WVUp All Night meeting with student interns. Serves as the liaison between the Mountainlair Programming and Special Events’ Office and the WVUp All Night Programming Board.
• Assist in the selection of the WVUp All Night programs for the entire 2014-15 fiscal year.
• Assist supervisor by serving as a liaison between the national entertainment companies and the Mountainlair Programming and Special Events’ Office.
• Help directly with the planning of WVUp All Night and Mountaineer Week.
• Conduct a survey to gain student feedback and directly use that information to plan WVUp All Night and Mountaineer Week the following years.
• Collect attendance counts and update an excel sheet to compare year to year for WVUp All Night.
• Must be willing to serve on the Mountaineer Week Committee and assist with all aspects of the program.
• Must be willing to respond to supervisor upon request during the evenings/weekend hours when necessary.
• Must be a major in Advertising, PR, Marketing, Graphic Design, or have equivalent experience.
• Have experience in advertising or promotions, specifically in inexpensive yet creative environments.
• Must be creative and organized.
• Graphic Design experience preferred.
• Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Publisher experience required.
• The position can work no more than 20 hours per week however volunteer work may be requested.
• Evening/weekend hours are a requirement for this position.
• Applicants must possess excellent oral, written, communication, and organizational skills.
• Applicants must have a demonstrated ability to plan effectively and efficiently, meet deadlines, and simultaneously monitor the development of many projects.
• Applicants must have experience in working with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff.
• Applicants must have a demonstrated ability to lead other students in event planning, event orchestration, and event assessment.
Please send via mail or email the following:
(1) cover letter;
(3) names and contact information of three references;
(4) press release prepared by applicant; and
(5) flyer prepared by applicant.
Submit by deadline to:
Sonja L. Wilson
Senior Programming Administrator
West Virginia University
Mountainlair Student Union
P.O. Box 6437
Morgantown, WV 26506
Deadline for Applications: March 14, 2014