Position: Sales Intern
Business Unit: Hartzell Hardwoods
Location: Piqua, OH
Reports To: Domestic Sales Manager
Basic Function: The Sales Intern works on various projects for Hartzell Hardwoods such as conducting market research and compiling lists of prospective customers. The Sales Intern will work closely with the Sales and Customer Service Department to gain valuable knowledge about Hartzell Hardwoods.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, card deck leads, aged leads, bingos, dealer resellers, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
2. Conducts marketing research on various products and presents proposals to the Sales team.
3. Interfaces with customers on a direct, regular basis via telephone in a sales environment.
4. Processes and maintains database for salesmen’s proposals and sales leads.
5. Prepares and processes literature for customer requests and outside sales activity.
6. Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads to turn over to other sales staff.
7. Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
8. Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
9. Completes daily and/or weekly reports as required.
10. Files documents, transmits faxes, types forms using Microsoft Word, Excel and Intuitive.
11. Order Entry for new sales orders
12. Other duties as assigned.
*Has the opportunity to become a full-time position upon graduation.
• Junior or Senior level standing in credits towards a degree in sales/marketing is desired
• Student of International Business a plus
• Must have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong team working and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent time management skills
• Physical and Visual Activities: Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, handling, fingering, talking, hearing. Visual acuity – far, near, accommodation, color vision
• Physical Demands: Occasionally lifts 5 – 25 lbs. up to 15% of normal work day
• Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Inside conditions, occasional outside conditions, usual office environmental conditions
Please apply online at www.hartzell.com or at http://www.hartzell.com/careers/opportunities/apply-online/jobs.html