Assist Regional Coordinator to:
• Recruit organizational partners to participate in a broad-based coalition to endorse and implement the Affordable Care Act. Potential organizational members include county Family Resource Networks, community health clinics, faith-based organizations, labor organizations and other organizations.
• Recruit individuals to participate in WVAHC’s half-day training sessions. These sessions will be held July 2011 through June 2012. Participants in the training session will be expected to educate at least 50 individuals in their local area.
• Help plan and participate in the bi-monthly Health Reform Implementation Coalition state meetings, and participate in the workgroup committees of the Implementation Coalition as appropriate.
• Work to establish county WVAHC organizations.
• Provide training to local community organizations on the Affordable Care Act. Previous experience in health care policy is a plus, but not a requirement.
• Serve as a spokesperson for the media in local/regional markets.
• Participate, as appropriate, with the Offices of the Insurance Commissioners Consumer Group meetings to provide a consumer perspective on the development of the West Virginia Health Benefit Exchange.
• Work to enhance utilization of social media in promoting the goals of WVAHC.
• Monitor and keep up to date on health care issues in West Virginia.
Gibbs Kinderman at email@example.com for more information and to apply.