13WMAZ/13wmaz.com is currently accepting applications for a full-time MULTIMEDIA EXECUTIVE PRODUCER in the 13WMAZ Information Center. The successful candidate will have a passion for local journalism, the ability to lead and coach a diverse staff, and will inspire exceptional staff performance on constant deadlines. The Multimedia Executive Producer will join the news management team, which supervises and plans news coverage and presentation for television, the Web, Mobile and Social Media. The Executive Producer plays a critical role in driving the coverage and presentation of breaking news for all platforms.
Duties may include:
Planning day-of, next-day and long-term news coverage; supervising reporters and story development; supervising and coaching our newscast producers and associate producers; insuring that our news content and broadcasts meet 13WMAZ’s standards for accuracy, fairness and balance; and assuring that our newscasts and content are compelling as well as informative.
No phone calls will be accepted. Interviews will be by appointment only.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.Requirements Minimum qualifications include:
- Strong news reporting, writing, copy-editing and computer-assisted researching skills.
- Thorough knowledge of media law including concepts of libel, slander, privacy and First Amendment protections.
- Excellent project-management skills and constant attention to detail.
- Four-year college degree and three years of news producing, reporting or writing experience.
- Ability to operate a computer. Experience with newsroom content management systems and non-linear video editing systems is helpful.
- Knowledge about Central Georgia is a plus.
Apply on line or mail application (available on at www.13wmaz.com) , cover letter and resume to:
MULTIMEDIA EXECUTIVE NEWS PRODUCER
1314 Gray Highway
Macon, Georgia 31211