Study Abroad in France and Germany
Spring Break 2020 STCM Capstone - A Global Communications Opportunity
Cap off your WVU experience with a fabulous opportunity to work on a unique,
real world campaign for
), a leader in global education,
offices in France and Germany. As a student in STCM 459*, the Capstone Course
– you will serve as a member of an “agency” that will develop innovative
strategies to promote and brand CEPA and the CEPA Foundation to the world.
This four-hour course will meet weekly in Morgantown throughout the spring
semester and travel to France and Germany during Spring Break. The instructor
for this course has led six previous highly successful study abroad experiences
for the Reed College. A senior level agency executive from New York will
also serve as your mentor during this experience.
The travel package ($3,800 pp) will include:
• Round-trip airfare from Pittsburgh
• 4 Nights in a 250-year-old Chateau in Strasbourg, France
• 3 Nights in Paris
• Excursions to Heidelberg and Ingersheim, Germany
• A visit to the Palace of Versailles, near Paris
• Ground/rail transportation in Europe
• 6 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches and 3 Dinners
*Space is limited, and participants are selected through a competitive application process.
Key dates for information and application include:
✓ FRIDAY, AUGUST 23: Noon Room 101 Martin Hall (email Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org to register) INFORMATION/Q&A SESSION
✓ WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 28: 5:30 pm Room 101 Martin Hall (email Charles.email@example.com to register) INFORMATION/Q&A SESSION
✓ FRIDAY, SEPT. 6 Noon Room 101 Martin Hall (Email Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org to register) INFORMATION/Q&A SESSION
✓ SUNDAY, SEPT. 8 5:00 pm Room 101 Martin Hall (Email Charles.email@example.com to register) INFORMATION/Q&A SESSION
✓ WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 12 Resume and cover letter expressing interest due to instructor
✓ SEPT./OCT.: Finalists interviewed by instructor. Students selected.
✓ SUNDAY, OCT. 20 Student Agreement Due to WVU Global (for those students selected)
✓ NOV. 1: Application due to WVU’s Office of International Programs (for those students selected).
To register for an info session or for more information:
Contact the instructor,
Chuck Harman: firstname.lastname@example.org 304-685-1118
* Preference will be given to seniors enrolling in STCM 459 (capstone). Graduate students and juniors can be considered for enrollment through independent study.